Automotive Clean Tech
We teach students the ability to analyze control requirements, design controllers, observe and perform modelbased software development in Matlab/Simulink. The student will autocode the software, flash it on to an ECU and test the control system they have developed. They repeat this process for two very different types of applications: ECUs and Display units.
In addition to this, they are familiarized other skills they need to succeed in the workplace, from reading datasheets, designing diagnostics, to creating good quality calibratable software.
- become familiar with fundamentals of Automotive controls development as done by the industry
- Gain familiarization with Modelbased Software design best practices
- are given a brief overview of Automotive ECUs, Sensors and Actuators, wiring harnesses.
- understand how to read ECU and sensor/actuator datasheets.
- learn to analyze what kind of diagnostics are needed to make sure their controller does not damage the hardware components.
- learn how to build software that is calibratable, testable, and fundamentals of version control.
Software Matlab and Simulink basics
Lab Skills Familiarity with basic lab equipment
Course Language English
Duration 7 days
Instructors 10+ years in Automotive controls
Lab needed? Yes
Controls with real hardware
Development for Display Units
VeeCAN hardware is more than just a display unit. These have enough I/O, processing power, and ruggedization to perform as controllers in a production application!
Your Gannet instructor will show you how to use Matlab/Simulink environment to build custom Display screens, how to control Relay outputs and read inputs to build highly effective diagnostics & Display Control units using this display device. At the end of this course module, you will be ready to start contributing to genuine design, development & Testing for the automotive industry - for IC Engines/EV or other.
Application Engineering for innovative products
Ganneters also have our own line of Application software which we supply to customers as "open models" that they can modify. Therefore, students who learn with our lineup of Raptor products and from Ganneters are learning the same skills that are being used by the global automotive industry to create innovative new products!